I keep doing sun salutations but the weather is not cooperating! Let’s hope for a bright and sunny May.
Watch for Fall class announcements. Starting in September, I look forward to offering regularly scheduled classes at The Ballet School of Vermont for Yoga Tots, Yoga Kids, Preteen/Teen Yoga Flow and Adult Yoga Flow.
For now, a new Adult Yoga Flow session starts at The Ballet School on Wednesday nights, May 7th at 7:00. This one will run 7 weeks, until June 18th. After that, I will have 4 Wednesdays of Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga at the Bay. One important note about SUP Yoga is that the paddleboards are limited to 6 rentals, so you do have to pre-register to reserve your board. If you have your own, it is helpful if you pre-register, but you can just show up at the St. Albans Bay Park. We meet all the way on the right by a small sandy-ish beach (if you are looking at the water).
One change from last month is that the next Family Yoga is now July 11th at the City Pool. The May 9th class is cancelled. My 20th high school reunion is that night – yikes! So, I am going to trek down to NJ to attend. I wasn’t originally planning on going, but high school friend peer pressure never seems to cease:) I am sure it will be fun and worth the drive.
Hot Mamas – May is the last month to register on the Recreation website. We will meet casually in June on the Houghton Park tennis courts ($5 drop-in). Hopefully the weather will cooperate by then!
Thanks and think sun!!
- HOT MAMAS – 9:00-10:00 at City Hall Gym. Drop in for $10, use a Recreation Punchcard or Sign up at www.stalbansrec.com
- No class on May 26
- SUNRISE YOGA – June 17, June 24, July 1 & July 8, 6:00-7:00 AM. This class will be at the St. Albans Bay. We will meet at the pavilion in case of rain. All 4 weeks for $32 or individual classes for $10. Register at http://www.stalbansrec.com
- ADULT YOGA – 7:00 PM at The Ballet School, 12 Fairfield Hill Road, St. Albans, VT. Current Session: May 7 – June 18 (7 classes), $56 or $10 drop in.
- STAND UP PADDLEBOARD YOGA – 6:00-7:00 at the St. Albans Bay. June 25, July 2, 9 & 16. $32 with a SUP rental and $12 with your own board. Make sure to register early on http://www.stalbansrec.com to reserve your board, as they are limited.
- Friday Family Yoga – 6:00 @ Barlow Street School! $5/child, accompanying adult is free. You must register at www.stalbansrec.com. If there are not any registrations, class will be cancelled – July 11th (at City Pool – free swim afterwards), August 1st (at City Pool – free swim afterwards), September 26 & November 21.