This weekend I head to Montreal for my Level 3 Yoga training. I am going to learn 20 new poses to integrate into classes, more about meditation, hands on adjustments, and more of the yoga philosophy, including the 7 Chakras (energy centers) in the body and the Four Paths of Yoga. I am excited to go and add more to my knowledge in hopes of always improving my classes and share what I learn with you!
What’s happening in June:
*Hot Mamas will now be at Houghton Park, $5 drop in
*Sunrise Yoga starts June 17th at the Bay Park.
*SUP Yoga starts June 25th. I know that many people have expressed some reservations about falling off of the board. I would not recommend it if you have a fear of water, but if you are comfortable around water, the boards are very stable. I have only had one or two people fall off and they were pushing themselves at the time. We do many poses low to the board, so you do not feel tippy and there are always modifications available. It really is an incredible feeling to be floating right on top of the water and you can’t beat a savasana hearing the gentle lap against your board. It’s a great way to enjoy Lake Champlain!
- HOT MAMAS – June 2, 9, 15: 9:00-10:00 June 22 and 29 at 8:30-9:30 at Houghton Park. Drop in for $5. Regular classes will resume in September.
- SUNRISE YOGA – June 17, June 24, July 1 & July 8, 6:00-7:00 AM. This class will be at the St. Albans Bay. We will meet at the pavilion in case of rain. All 4 weeks for $32 or individual classes for $10. Register at http://www.stalbansrec.com
- ADULT YOGA – 7:00 PM at The Ballet School, 12 Fairfield Hill Road, St. Albans, VT. Current Session: May 7 – June 18 (7 classes), $56 or $10 drop in.
- STAND UP PADDLEBOARD YOGA – 6:00-7:00 at the St. Albans Bay. June 25, July 2, 9 & 16. $32 with a SUP rental and $12 with your own board. Make sure to register early on http://www.stalbansrec.com to reserve your board, as they are limited.
- Friday Family Yoga – 6:00 @ Barlow Street School! $5/child, accompanying adult is free. You must register at www.stalbansrec.com. If there are not any registrations, class will be cancelled – July 11th (at City Pool – free swim afterwards), August 1st (at City Pool – free swim afterwards), September 26 & November 21.